I love it. The first year I was amazed that I could do math all day long and never get tired of it. There's lots of freedom to explore in whatever way works best for you. Notre Dame provides dorm housing, dorm food that's better than you'd ever imagine dorm food could be, and a beautiful setting (including gym facilities, I swam just about every day).
Arrive: Sunday, July 4 (or as early as you can on Monday, July 5). Notre Dame is in South Bend, Indiana, 2 hours from Chicago.
Five days of math circle mania:
- we participate in math circles in the mornings,
- we run one math circle for kids late one afternoon, and watch our colleagues try it out on the other afternoons,
- we discuss the ins and outs of math circles and other fun ways of doing math in the early afternoons,
- we play with Amanda's collection of math toys and browse her collection of math books, whenever we want,
- we plot, plan, and socialize in between all that.
Total cost: $800
Email kaplan at math.harvard.edu if you're interested in joining us.