- ... to Jeremy Stuart and Roy Robles for the lovely video they made of my math salon.
- ... to everyone who commented here, and to the 39,350 readers of this blog.
- ... to everyone who submitted a chapter for the book Playing With Math: Stories from Math Circles, Homeschoolers, and the Internet, and to Maria Droujkova and others who have helped with the book.
- ... to everyone who attends my math salons.
- ... to my morning class in the fall, for their determination and good spirit.
- ... to my college district (and union!) for the chance to have a year sabbatical - it was marvelous!
- ... to James Tanton for his book, Math Without Words.
- ... to paperbackswap.com and betterworldbooks.com, for making my book-buying habit more sustainable.
- ... to Julie Brennan, for the wealth of sharing that happens on Living Math Forum, the community she created, and to Maria Droujkova for the same at Natural Math.
- ... to Chris Evans for reading and commenting on ever chapter in the book.
- ... to Linda Palter for drawing marvelous pictures for the book.
- ... to DawnMarie, who watches my son when I go off to do my math projects.
- ... for the internet.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Happy New Year
My celebration of the new year has often involved writing a list of the things I'm grateful for. (I've slacked off a bit in recent years, partly due to single parenting, partly due to the fact that I shifted from paper journals to writing on the computer.) Here are some of my gratefuls for this past year. I'm grateful..