Sunday, February 13, 2011

Richmond Math Salon Meets Next Saturday - Shape Numbers

Here is one boy from last month, looking very proud of his big boat. It was fun working with the one family that came, but I need to figure out how to do the publicity thing better. I feel much more useful when I have 4 to 8 families here.

If you want to be notified of the salons, join the Yahoo group, here.

So this coming Saturday (February 19), from 2 to 5, we'll be playing with shape numbers: Triangle Numbers, Square Numbers, and Trapezoidal Numbers. We'll use pennies and other small objects to make these numbers.

I think it will be fun for young and old.

If you'd like to join us, please email me at suevanhattum on not-cold-mail. (My attempt at foiling the spambots.)

1 comment:

  1. Wish we lived nearer or had a private jet!
    However we don't, so I shall look forward to reading about the numbers workshop.

    ReplyDelete

 
Math Blog Directory