Saturday, July 19, 2014

Playing With Math: Crowd-funding Campaign Has 9 Hours Left...

... and we need almost $1000 to meet our stretch goal. I am hoping we estimated a little bit high so that the Spanish translation can still be done quickly. It would be great if Vi Hart saw my message on her Facebook page, and decided to check us out. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

We've raised $10,569 so far, and may raise a few hundred more by the end of the day. We surpassed our original goal by $3000. And more importantly, contributors have reserved almost 300 copies of the book. We are eager to know what they all think once they've had a chance to read it.

If you haven't contributed yet, you still have a few hours left. $25 will reserve you a copy of Playing With Math: Stories from Math Circles, Homeschoolers, and Passionate Teachers. I think you'll be very happy to have this book in your home.



3 comments:

  1. I just missed the campaign! Is there a way to still donate and receive a book? I am working on my masters of science of mathematics teaching and still haven't thought of a topic for my thesis. I think this book might give me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will set up a pre-ordering mechanism soon. I will announce it here. If you don't follow my blog, you can check on playingwithmath.org for the announcement. Or email me, so I can let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pre-order page is up. You can order now. The book should be out in November.

    ReplyDelete

 
Math Blog Directory