Sunday, January 11, 2015

Share #YourEduStory Blogging Challenge 2015

I decided to join the Share #YourEduStory Blogging Challenge 2015 this morning. Last month was the first month I ever skipped completely on this blog, since I started in 2009, and last year I posted less than any other. So this is a good time to push myself a little.


One Word
The group that set this up (folks from edcamps) has created a list of topics for those who need them. The first week's topic (last week) was:
What is your "one word" that will inspire you in your classroom or school in 2015?

I'll choose 'Connect'. I want to connect with my students in the classroom and out. I want to connect with my colleagues as I work on creating a new course. I want to connect with friends more - I need more of that in my life.

I'd like to get photos of my classroom up, and videos of lessons. But I won't make a commitment to that. Just one new thing at a time...


A Better World
Week Two's topic question:
Inspired by MLK: How will you make the world a better place?

I hope my book, Playing with Math: Stories from Math Circles, Homeschoolers, and Passionate Teachers, will help people to enjoy math, fear it less, and overcome the hurdles math requirements place in their way. It's coming out within the next month or two.


Join Us
I've been following hundreds of math teacher blogs, and, though I haven't pared down my list, I'm seeing very little writing from math teachers these days. Will you join the Share #YourEduStory Blogging Challenge 2015? Each week you write a post and tweet it, and read a post and comment. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Math Blog Directory