Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Book is Beginning to Arrive!!

Dylan Kane (@math8_teacher) just posted this photo on twitter a few hours ago. It's the first sighting of Playing with Math in a crowdfunder's hand!


We got a message from one more crowdfunder a few minutes later that her copy had arrived. The books are coming!

My living room has stacks of books along one wall, sent to me by the publisher. I signed and repacked about twenty of them this morning, to send out to our $100 and over contributors.

It is so exciting to know the book is finally in people's hands, after 6 1/2 years of work.

Want to have the book in your hands? Order a copy now.


4 comments:

  1. Please let me know what you think! Especially if you use anything in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love this book! I couldn't put it down and voraciously read it last week. My 7 year old enjoyed the racetrack game, and I look forward to trying many of the other puzzles and games over the next few months. (Yay summer break!) The book is such an inspiring read. I plan to read it again over the summer and I'll report back what we end up using in math club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear from you. I would love a photo of your 7 year old playing the racetrack game (if that were to happen again, and the photo were easy...). Also interested in hearing more about your math club.

      Delete

 
Math Blog Directory