Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Links

Math Teachers at Play #30 is up at JD2718. Lately I've been recognizing most of the bloggers who post, but this month I discovered a new one. There aren't many elementary teachers posting about math, so I was excited to find Life Among the Elms, in which Michelle Martin writes about her 4th/5th combination class at Prairie Creek Community School, a charter school in Minnesota. So far my favorite math post at Life Among the Elms is Dinosaur Math, which was mentioned in the most recent post on the blog, along with 7 other posts about math. I also enjoyed her balanced take on standardized tests on her post Use Only a #2 Pencil, even though I personally think they're horrid.


I don't know how or when I stumbled upon Cooperative Catalyst (perhaps John Spencer mentioned it), but I recently noticed how much I enjoy reading their posts, like this one.


Steven Strogatz is back! His review of Proofiness was lots of fun to read. Can't wait to read the whole book.


Here's the ultimate in math nerdiness, lovingly portrayed at xkcd.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you joined our readership. Hope to hear more from you in the future.

    Glad I was able to find your blog also!

    Thanks

    David Loitz
    Cooperative Catalyst

    ReplyDelete

 
Math Blog Directory